For support or answers to additional questions, please contact us.
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) describes the type of information that Cowboy Cool. (“Cowboy Cool”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects through your use of our website, www.cowboycool.com, and the corresponding online services made available in connection with (the “Site”). This Notice does not apply to information collected about you through any other means, including information collected by third parties or through offline means.
This Notice covers: (Last Updated: October 03, 2020)
- What Personal Information is collected by Cowboy Cool through the Site.
- How Cowboy Cool uses this information.
- With whom Cowboy Cool may share Personal Information.
- What choices are available to you with respect to the collection, use and sharing of this information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss or misuse of this information.
By accessing or using the Site, or by clicking the “accept” button when you register to use the Site, you consent to our use of your Personal Information as described in this Notice. “Personal Information ” for purposes of this Notice is the information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. This Notice is part of, and is governed by, Cowboy Cool’s Terms & Conditions (“Terms”).
Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you provide us with certain information when you register for and use the Site. Second, we collect certain information automatically as you use the Site.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Information from you when you when you register as a user, provide comments and suggestions, sign up for newsletters, post on user forums, enter promotions, order products and services, submit content, or send us feedback. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it. We directly collect the following types of information that you provide to us:
- Identifying information. We may collect Personal Information, including your name, email address, phone number, credit card information, and mailing address.
- User generated content. When you provide comments or feedback or make submissions using the Site, we may collect that content and associate it with you.
- Customer service interactions. To ensure the quality of your interactions with our customer service representatives, we may monitor and record phone calls or other communications between you and our representatives.
We use a third party payment processor, Stripe, to handle payment transactions. You can read about Stripe’s privacy practices in the Stripe privacy notice accessible at the following link: https://stripe.com/privacy.
Information We Automatically Collect from You When You Use the Site
We (or service providers on our behalf) may use technologies, including “cookies” and “web beacons,” to automatically collect information from you when you use the Site. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your Internet browser, which saves and recognizes your browsing habits. We use both session cookies (which track a user’s progression during one site visit) and persistent cookies (which track a user over time). Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer or mobile device, such as the time and date you viewed a page, which emails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
Information that may be collected by cookies and web beacons when you use the Site may include, without limitation:
- web pages you visit;
- date and time of your visit to or use of the Site;
- usage and activity data related to the Site;
- browser type;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet;
- your computer or mobile device and connection information, such as your browser type and version, operating system, and platform;
- your device identifier.
We may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third party partners including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. These partners may also combine your email information with other information they have access to, such as a mailing address, so that we may serve relevant marketing offers to you via email and direct mail. If you do not want us to collect or share information about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU WHEN YOU USE THE SITE, EITHER NOW OR FOR FUTURE BROWSING SESSIONS, REFRAIN FROM USING THE SITE. WE DO NOT CURRENTLY RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK (“DNT”) SIGNALS.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- developing, providing and improving Cowboy Cool’s products and the Site;
- assisting with the provision of services and fulfillment of product orders;
- managing and verifying your account and the identity of users of the Site;
- contacting you when necessary about your account or your use of the Site;
- sending you information and promotional materials about our products and the Site, as well as our company in general;
- responding to support requests;
- complying with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records;
- conducting internal reviews of the Site to help us better understand visitors’ and customers’ uses of the Site;
- protecting the security and integrity of the Site;
- complying with court orders and legal process, and to enforce our Terms and this Notice; and
- sharing data with third party marketing partners for commercial purposes, including data co-ops
- any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Notice.
Cowboy Cool also uses your Personal Information for interest-based and retargeting advertising. Interest-based advertising involves the collection of data across different web domains so we can deliver ads that are tailored to your interests. Our retargeting practices allow Cowboy Cool to show you products we think you would be interested in based on your activity on the Site.
We may combine information we collect about you through the Site with other information about you that we receive from third-party sources. By way of example and not limitation, we may use a change of address or other list service to ensure that our records for your account are accurate.
How We Share Your Information with Third Parties.
We may share the Personal Information we collect in connection with the Site with third parties, as described below:
Third Parties Who Provide Products, Services or Information Through the Site
We may share your Personal Information with third parties who provide third party products or services or information through the Site. Such third parties may use the information to fulfill product or service orders, develop and improve their products or services, and contact you about product or service orders, future products or services, or their company in general.
We may share your Personal Information with our third party distributors, vendors, suppliers and other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Site, website developers, hosting service providers, auditors, performing marketing or consulting services, and assisting us with the preparation and mailing of our business and marketing communications and with processing and fulfillment functions. These third party service providers may use your Personal Information for their own marketing purposes.
Third-Party Analytics Providers
We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint ventures, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Notice with regard to their use of your information.
Transfer or Assignment in Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders, or Protection of Our Rights
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- you have given us permission to share your information;
- we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights, or those of third parties, or the public at large;
- or we believe that you have abused the Site by using the Site to attack or gain unauthorized access to a system or to engage in spamming or other conduct that violates applicable laws.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information without restriction. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from other third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
We provide the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about you. In addition, you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email marketing communication you receive.
You may also opt-out of our automatically collecting information from you, as described above.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. Cowboy Cool has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Correcting/Updating Your Information
You may have the right to access the Personal Information we collect about you. You may also have the right to correct any errors contained in that information. For details, please email us at email@example.com.
No Use by Children
The Services are not directed to children under 16 years of age, and Cowboy Cool does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s permission to access the Services. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 16, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s Account.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. If we decide to make a material change in this Notice, we will post it on this page. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of changes to this Notice will mean you accept these changes. In some cases, we may attempt to contact you through an email or other address you have provided, so we can give you choices about our using your information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that affect your Personal Information that is already in our possession, we will apply those changes to that older information only with your consent or as otherwise allowed by law.
If you have any questions about this Notice or our use of the information we collect from you in connection with the Site, email us at email@example.com. We will address your concerns and attempt to resolve any privacy issues in a timely manner.